Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Live for Quotes: Taylor Swift Edition

Say what you will about Taylor Swift, love her or hate her, girlfriend's got talent. I've been listening to her latest album, Red, and am definitely loving a lot of her lyrics, as usual. Aside from her song lyrics, I have also enjoyed a lot of her personal quotes about things. In honor of Red, I decided to put together a list of my favorite lyrics and quotes from everything that is Taylor Swift.

You put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray
And I stood there loving you and wished them all away
And you come away with a great little story
Of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you
-Cold As You

Was I out of line?
Did I say something way too honest?
Made you run and hide like a scared little boy
I looked into your eyes
Thought I knew for a minute now I'm not so sure
So here's to everything coming down to nothing
Here's to silence that cuts me to the core
Where is this going?
Thought I knew for a minute but I don't anymore
-Forever & Always

Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain
'cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile
Get me with those green eyes, baby, as the lights go down
Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around
'cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile
-Sparks Fly

Oh, I'm scared to see the ending,
Why are we pretending this is nothing?
I'd tell you I miss you but I don't know how,
I've never heard silence quite this loud.
-The Story of Us

Time turns flames to embers
You'll have new Septembers
Every one of us has messed up too
Lives change like the weather
I hope you remember
Today is never too late to be brand new
-Innocent

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours
-Ours

Losing him was blue like I'd never known
Missing him was dark grey all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met
But loving him was red
Oh red
Burning red
-Red

I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again
-Begin Again

This is falling in love in the cruelest way,
This is falling for you and you are worlds away.
-Come Back, Be Here

No comments:

Post a Comment