Friday, September 23, 2011

Grilled Ginger-Lime Tuna Steaks

If you know me, you know I love BettyCrocker.com and their array of delicious yet simple recipes for drinks, baked goods and dinner ideas. I recently bought some tuna steaks and wanted to find a simple yet delicious twist on how to make them. I came across a recipe for Grilled Ginger-Lime Tuna Steaks, I already had most of the ingredients in my apartment (all I needed to buy was ginger root) so I decided to give it a whirl.

Grilled Ginger-Lime Tuna Steaks

  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed (I used garlic powder instead)
  • Lime wedges, if desired 

  • Step 1: In shallow glass or plastic dish or resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix remaining ingredients except lime wedges. Add fish; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate, turning fish once, at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.

    Step 2: Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade. Cover and grill fish about 4 inches from medium heat 11 to 15 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining marinade. Serve fish with lime wedges.

    For Step 2, I have a George Foreman grill so I looked up the cook time for tuna steaks on there and used that cook time {which is 2-3 minutes per half inch thickness} while still brushing the marinade on 2-3 times while cooking. No need to turn on a Foreman since it has cooking plates on both sides.

    I served mine with red skin mashed potatoes and a steamer bag of healthy colors vegetables which included cauliflower, snap peas, carrots and cranberries. The tuna steaks were so delicious, this is definitely a recipe I plan to make again!      

    No comments:

    Post a Comment