Friday, January 21, 2011

The Pros and Cons of Apartment Hunting Part 3

So did you ever read a description of something and think, that is too good to be true? Well that's how I felt about the third apartment complex I had on tap to visit. So initial positives were that it includes everything except electric, that's even including cable, fitness center, pool, central ac, free breakfast? All of that in my price range? Are you starting to wonder what hidden fees lie beneath this one, because I sure was! I figured I just needed to visit and see it for myself and go from there.

Pros:
All utilities included except electric (including cable)
Spacious
1 bedroom with den available
5% off rent because of where I work
Central AC
Linen closet
Large Attic space if second floor apartment or large kitchen pantry space if 1st floor
Fitness center and pool - no extra charge
Free weekday breakfast available with starbucks coffee and tazo tea
No extra monthly rent for dogs
No application fee

Cons:
Not a great deal of closet space but with the attic space on the second floor, it doesn't matter much
Cable included is Comcast, not sure details on what's included with that
Bensalem isn't my ideal location but could get used to it
Semi-private entrance, similar to what i have now
High pet deposit, but no extra monthly fee

So ultimately this place seems like a great option. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I would love the extra kitchen pantry space on a 1st floor apartment but without much other closet space, I think I would really need the attic space on a second floor. She said the attic space pretty much stretches across the whole apartment so that is a lot of space! Also the fitness center, pool, huge jacuzzi and free breakfast on weekdays are huge perks to living in the complex. There is no extra charges or hidden fees associated which is really nice. Other than that, I really just would need to find out the details of what's included with the comcast cable and go from there. I'm also currently with Fios and would need to find out if there were any penalties for leaving and if so, how severe. I really like having Fios but having cable included in the rent is huge. Everything else is pretty perfect. It is defiintely the best option out of the three places I've checked out so far but I am checking out more this weekend so who knows. I look forward to seeing what else is out there and comparing some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment