Wednesday, February 1, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 1

Advent calendars aren't just for Christmas anymore. For Day 1 of my 14 Days of Valentines, I decided to make a "Countdown to Kisses" board. I saw a couple cute ideas for this on Pinterest.  I decided to take the idea and make it my own. You can do the same!

Countdown to Kisses
Supplies Needed:
Some type of board- I went with a piece of foam poster board
Scrapbook paper or paint- you can do a mix of Valentines' patterned or colored paper or paint your board red or pink
Random Valentines' themed di-cuts, stickers, etc.
Scrapbook letters and numbers
14 Hershey kisses (if you have multiple people in your household, feel free to double, triple, etc. the amount of kisses if each person wants one per day)

These are just some suggestions of supplies. It's really up to you and your creative mind how you want to do this. The ultimate goal is to make a Valentines' themed countdown starting on February 1 where you eat a Hershey kiss each day until Valentine's Day on February 14. I chose to use the phrase "Countdown to Kisses" at the top because I really liked it. Some other suggestions are: "Kiss Countdown", "Happy Valentine's Day", "Countdown to Valentine's Day", etc.

I have been hoarding my pumpkin spice kisses because I didn't want them to go too fast but I also don't want them to go bad so I decided to use those instead of buying new ones. The orange wrappers may not match as well as a pink, purple or red wrapper would but it works.

I started by painting my poster board with glittery pink poster paint. I let it dry and when I came back to it, it was all curled up and since it was a foam board, it was stuck that way. I also ended up just putting a heart by each kiss. I'd like to add numbers but didn't have enough number stickers. Something I need to add. I like the idea of this project but I didn't find the right look. It'll do for this year but next year I'd like to look into doing something else. Perhaps similar to my Christmas Advent Calendar using a cookie sheet. 

My end result wasn't exactly what I was looking to do but I hope to make something similar but better next year when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment