Sunday, February 5, 2012

Margarita Jello Shots with salt

Margarita Jello Shots with Salt

Ingredients:
1 large box of lime jello
2 cups of boiling water
1 1/2 cup of Tequila
1/2 cup of Grand Marnier 

The most basic Jello shot recipe includes replacing the cold water with alcohol. In college I used to just use cheap vodka but I've now realized you can mix up the flavor by pairing a liquor with the flavor of the Jello you're using. Tequila seems like an obvious choice for lime Jello. As luck would have it, I had almost exactly 1 1/2 cups of tequila left which meant I needed half a cup of something else. Many margarita recipes include Grand Marnier or something similar so I chose that for my other half a cup. Just follow the recipe on the Jello box which basically mixes the boiling water with the powder first. Next add the cold water (or alcohol) and stir together and dish into tiny cups. Put in the fridge to set. When you're done, sprinkle sea salt on the shots before taking, salt is the perfect addition to give you a well rounded margarita taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment