Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Fun & Easy Drink Recipe!

Like any normal girl, I enjoy a fun, fruity frozen drink every once in a while, especially on a hot summer day! I love trying new drink recipes but sometimes they can include a lot of ingrediants which can be expensive! The other day I visited First Energy Stadium in Reading, PA for the first time. I love baseball and am trying to visit as many ballparks as I can. This being my first time at this stadium, I wanted to walk around and explore everything they had to offer as well as try some specialty food and drinks they had to offer. In our wandering around the stadium, my friend and I walked by this sign:


Being a huge fan of mango, pomegranate and slushies I was sold! It was very hot outside and these drinks sounded extra appealing! The biggest decision I had to make was which flavor I wanted. Because I'd already had some ice cream that night, I decided to go with Pomegranate as Mango can sometimes be a little too sweet.

Mike's Slushie

While I'm sure either choice would have been fabulous, the pomegranate definitely didn't disappoint! It was delicious and refreshing. A little pricey for what it was ($6.50) but not bad for ballpark prices where a bottled beer is $5.25. It also came complete with an umbrella and lei so that's always fun!


Now here's the exciting part: this drink is super easy to make at home!

Drink: Mike's Pomegranate Punch Slushy (can easily be made in other flavors)

Ingrediants:

1 bottle of Mike's Pomegranate Punch (or any Mike's flavored drink)
Ice
Blender or Margarita Machine

Directions:
1) Pour bottle of Mike's into blender
2) Add Ice
3) Blend until smooth
4) Pour into cup, add straw, umbrella and enjoy!

As stated in the title of this blog, fun and easy but quite tasty! I'm not a big fan of the Mike's/Smirnoff Ice type drink by itself but as a frozen drink they're quite refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment