Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 23


For day twenty-three of my 31 Days of Halloween, I wanted to give making these adorable skeleton trophies a chance.

Supplies Needed:
Dollar store skeletons (I bought a skeleton garland that came with 4 on it for $1)
Hot glue and tacky glue
Silver or gold metallic spray paint
Small circle or oval wooden discs (29 cents each at Michael's craft store)
Paper and markers (if you can find metallic scrapbook paper that would be best, I spray painted my white paper and it was hard to write on with the sharpie)

Step 1: Untie or cut the skeletons off of the garland.

Step 2: Glue the skeleton's feet to the wooden base.

Step 3: Spray paint the entire skeleton with your metallic spray paint. If you don't have matching paper, spray paint a piece of card stock to match the rest of the trophy.

Step 4: Once dry, add write labels such as "Best Couple" or "Most Creative" to each skeleton. For "Best Couple" I put two skeleton's together. I was only able to make 3 awards with the one garland I bought. Ideally, I'd buy a few garlands and make multiple categories. I glued the labels onto the bottom of the trophies with tacky glue. You can also make the labels into sashes and glue them to the skeleton's body instead of the base. I've also seen fun touches such as a clown nose on "Funniest" or a feather boa on "Sexiest" Plain or with the special touches, these guys are super cute in my opinion!




No comments:

Post a Comment