Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 10



For day ten of my 31 Days of Halloween, I made cute Halloween character candy dishes out of dollar store vases and candlestick holders. Who knew candlestick holders had so many uses?

Ingredients:
Small square vase for Frankenstein
Small round vase for Jack-o-lantern
Small oval vase for Ghost
3 candle stick holders
Hot glue
Electrical tape and scissors
Orange, green and white candy

First I cut up the electrical tape into faces for each character and stuck them on the vases. Next I hot glued each vase to each candlestick holder by putting a ring of glue around the rim of the candlestick holder and sticking the vase on top. Finally, give each character color by adding the appropriate candy in the vase. I used caramel apple sugar babies for Frankenstein, mini marshmallows for the ghost and candy pumpkins for the jack-o-lantern. Add cute little scoops to serve at a party.




No comments:

Post a Comment