Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DIY Candy Cenpterpiece

While browsing Pinterest I discovered a lot of great ideas for fall and Halloween. One of my favorites which I used for a Halloween party this year was a candy centerpiece. You can use this for any holiday, just change up the candy and color scheme! The one I saw that I wanted to try and do included ghost and pumpkin peeps, candy corn, marshmallows, black and orange gumballs, black licorice and orange and black rock candy and lollipops. I went on a mission to find all of these items and had success minus the lollipops but I found some cute Halloween cookie pops to use instead.

What you will need:
-Vase
-Bag of mini marshmallows
-Bag of candy corn
-Bag of orange gumballs
-Bag of black gumballs
-A couple pices of black licorace/twizzlers
-Ghost and Pumpkin Peeps
-Some type of Halloween themed lollipops/cookie pops

Once you have everything you need, you simply layer the different candies in the vase and stick the lollipops on top. It's very simple but makes a fun/festive centerpiece! I used a smaller vase, I think this would be more successful and impressive looking with a larger vase. The vase I used was narrow so the items filled it up quickly and didn't have enough space to even use all of the layers properly. You can't even see the orange gumballs. I think it still looks good though and I know to use a larger vase next time I do something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment